The Highfield Bluff (new) light sits on farmland just north of Stanley, Tasmania. It can be seen from the road, but is on private property.
It replaced the Circular Head lighthouse which has been moved to the wharf area of the small town of Stanley.
Circular Head was fitted with a Colt's seven-day acetylene gas generator and was attended once a week by the Harbour Master.
|Technical / Historical Details|
|Nearest Town||Stanley||Height - Elevation||6.1m (20ft) - 49.1m (161ft)|
|Construction||White GRP hut||Lens||ML 300 with internal red sector|
|Built||1924||Character||Fl.(3)W.R. period 15s|
|First Lit||1924||Range NM||10W 8R|
|Reference||6968 K 3524||Accommodation||No|